Did you miss the AGM? Use the link below to view the presentation
This is your invitation to come and see what we’ve been up to over the last year and what we have planned for the upcoming year at our Annual General Meeting.
The AGM will be held in the BMO Community Room on the second floor of the Halifax Central Library on Spring Garden Road from 6:30-8:30pm on Thursday, April 6 2017.
CNS is currently accepting nominations for all executive positions for elections at the annual general meeting, and for the non-executive position of Boulderfest Boss. CNS has a special need for a volunteer to take the lead on organizing and running Boulderfest, so if you want to be in charge of the most awesome climbing festival weekend on the planet, email us about it! With support from the CNS executive, the role will look something like this:
- Boulderfest Boss – Plan and execute all marketing, logistics, and staffing requirements for Boulderfest 2017. This includes securing sponsors, designing t-shirts and posters, directing procurement and transport of all food and consumables for the event, set up and tear down of equipment on Dover Island, supervising volunteers, and ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants.
CNS has always depended on the community to make Boulderfest happen. Given how much work it requires and the other commitments of exec members, the board is really looking for someone specific to tackle this assignment. Without a Boulderfest Boss there is a chance that the community will lose Boulderfest all together due to lack of organizational capacity. Much of the planning and to-do lists are already created, but we need a Boulderfest Boss to actually execute the event. Are you up to it??? Email us at email@example.com with “BOULDERFEST BOSS” in the subject line.
If you are considering a place on the ballot, you must be nominated (or nominate yourself) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “CNS EXEC NOMINATION” in the subject line. Nominations will be accepted until March 31 2016 at 11:59pm.
Please include your name, the position you are interested in, and a short summary (300 word maximum) of your qualifications and why you want to sit on the board. Nominations will not be accepted after March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm.
Positions and descriptions are as follows:
- President – Ensure alignment of CNS activities with organizational goals and funding qualification criterion, draft meeting agendas, chair monthly meetings, delegate tasks, oversee financials, attend events, deal with government stakeholders, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Treasurer – Manage financials, prepare budget, retain records, steer spending toward targets, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Membership Coordinator – Retain up-to-date membership list, mail correspondence and membership cards, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Communications Director – Handle external matters, book event venues, postering, advertisement campaigns, approach sponsors, primary email responder, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, other duties as assigned.
- Access Champion – Monitor all climbing area access issues, uphold excellent relationships with landowners, organize clean and climbs, organize and execute trail maintenance, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Diversity Liaison – Social outreach, engagement of new climbers and underrepresented groups, organize and attend events, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Youth Representative – Interface with public school system, support youth climbing competitions and workshops, organize and attend events, attend monthly executive meetings, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
- Secretary – Attend monthly executive meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes, website posts, answer emails, other duties as assigned.
Executive members (with the exception of President) all have a vote in major Climb Nova Scotia undertakings and are expected to exercise their right to vote when called upon. All executive positions are a 1 year term, except for President, which is 2 years in duration.
Executive members are not paid and typically spend up to 5 hours a week on CNS activities when there’s nothing happening, and more when we are busy. President tends to be busier.
Please note, you must be a member in good standing of Climb Nova Scotia to run for a position on the board, and to attend the annual general meeting. You can purchase a membership by clicking here or with cash at the meeting.
If you want to help with CNS but aren’t interested in sitting on the board please let us know. There’s plenty to do and we can always use volunteers for specific projects.
Hope to see you there!