Please read the following information and and we’ll see you at the event this weekend.
PARKING is at OCEAN SPRAY B&B (Rod’s place) in West Dover. Please try to park at the rotary and carpool. See https://www.facebook.com/climbnovascotia.
0900h – First boat to Dover
1200h – Last boat to Dover
1800h – Dinner served at sponsor tents
1900h – Doorprizes awarded
2037h – Sunset
2300h – Fireworks!
0604h – Sunrise
0800h – Breakfast served at sponsor tent
1200h – First boat back to main land
1500h – Last boat back to main land
In the event of rain, the event may be rescheduled for a day later – meaning that boats will leave Sunday morning and return Monday. If CNS decides to reschedule we will notify you via email and on the website and forum at noon on Friday, August 2nd. Please be respectful of Giz and Rod’s efforts and try to arrange a full return boat with a group of climbers prior to Sunday.
Menu on the island will be cheese and spinach filled pasta with sauce options (tomato based and pesto) as well as cheese and meat toppings. a garden salad with dressing options, and a bread roll. Coffee and tea will be served in the morning with fruit and probably pastries. IF YOU CAN’T EAT THIS MENU YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN FOOD.
Please practice Leave No Trace ethics while on the island. This means pack up all your trash, tape and food scraps and take it off the island with you. Please be respectful of plants and wildlife. Stick to existing trails and watch where you pitch your tent (please stick to the main camping area near the beach and try to pitch your tent in areas that have seen use).
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and/or tarp & bivy bag
- 4L of water per person minimum!
- Eating utensils (plate, bowl, fork, knife, spoon and mug)
- Lunches & snacks (CNS will provide supper for everyone on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday – all other food is the responsibility of the individual)
- Head lamp and extra batteries
- Small first aid kit (bandaids, alcohol wipes, gauze, antibacterial ointment, baby wipes)
- Solid, sturdy hiking or approach shoes
- Sweater and other warm clothing (hat, extra socks etc)
- Swimwear and a towel
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat
- Rainwear (if we all bring it, it won’t rain!)
- Climbing Gear (shoes, pad, chalk, chalk bag, lucky underwear, magic sending talisman, etc.)
***PLEASE DO NOT BRING GLASS BOTTLES TO DOVER ISLAND***
***YOU MAY BE PHOTOGRAPHED OR VIDEO RECORDED AT THIS EVENT***
***DOGS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON THE BOAT***
***LEAVE NO TRACE***
Special Boulderfest Attendee Discount at Nova Shores!
Boulder Fest 2013, Climb NS paddling discount
15% off all NovaShores East Dover Tours
25% if you have 4 or more paddlers. Must call our direct line to book with discount.
902-852-3875 valid until end of October 2013